The Sampan Music Box with built in 100 watt amplifier
A rethink of the small personal music system
Shown: satin black and black fabric
Dimensions: 42 X 4.5 X 5.25 inches (W X H X D), (107 X 13 X 12 cm)
Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20,000 kHz +/- 3.5 dB
The Sampan Music Box is an amplified stereo speaker system that is inspired by our critically acclaimed Sampan, employing 3.5 inch full range drivers in two folded transmission lines. It features a built in 100 watt amplifier (50 watt per channel). You supply the source. It is intended mainly for use as an near field, desktop or on wall mounted small music system, but it makes a great bookshelf system and will work well with a remote Bluetooth transmitter as wireless rear channels in high-end theater systems.Typically an audiophile desktop speaker system has a separate amp, two speakers, a sub on the floor and a tangle of wires connecting them. The Sampan Music Box incorporates all these elements in one slender cabinet that is 42 by 5 by 4.5 inches (107 by 13 by 12 cm) that may be placed at the back of the desk or on the wall. The interface is simplicity itself as you connect a source via a 3.5 mm input jack on the front or via a pair of RCA jacks on the back. That's it. One wire in for power, one wire in for source. No subwoofer is necessary as the bandwidth is 35 Hz to 20,000 Hz.
We wanted to rethink the small music system to create a powerful, audiophile, full range system, with a very small footprint, the simplest interface, devoid of the multiple connecting pieces and the tangle of wires found in conventional small music systems. Our experience researching and developing the Sampan Sound Bar and our experience designing small loudspeakers thought us we could build a small single piece, truly full range system, with imaging, soundstaging, and bass response comparable to some of the best small subwoofer satellite systems. We took the design of our best performing small loudspeaker, the Sampan, known for its imaging, its huge soundstage, and bass performance, and a modified T-Amplifier, the Dayton 100, 50 watt per channel amplifier, known for its exceptional audiophile performance and humongous soundstage, and combined them in a single ultra compact music system.
Using a single full range driver for each channel means the sound is integrated no matter where you sit, with all the frequencies of each channel arriving at your ear at the same time. It is a point source, minimum phase, transient perfect, crossover-less design that represents the holy grail of loudspeaker designs. The imaging, soundstage, tonal quality and bass response are stunning.
While T-Amplifiers are known for their tube-like mastery of the soundstage, they are not generally known for muscular bass performance. The Dayton 100 is an exception among T-Amplifiers for its bass performance which we have enhanced by using the folded transmission lines design of the Sampan Music Box. The combination produces a big speaker sound that will trick you into thinking you are listening to a much larger loudspeaker system.
Our goal was to combine and enhance the performance characteristics of a pair of Sampans driven by a quality amplifier in the smallest possible platform. We are convinced the Sampan Music Box will out perform any small music system of comparable price and size.
Front view of Sampan Sound Box driven by Logitech Squeezebox™ Touch
But not only that. We care about your health and the environment. We made the Sampan Music Box Eco-friendly and health-friendly. If you love music played accurately through a spectacular soundstage, and you cherish your health and the environment, we have made the Sampan Music Box for you.
View of Sampan Sound Box driven by a smart phone.
The Sampan Music Box is a great match for just about any source, including smart phones.
Rear view of Sampan Music Box shows the RCA input jacks and power input jack.
Read press release for the Sampan Music Box
- Super compact all in one stereo music system
- Designed for nearfield desktop, on-wall, and portable placement
- Reproduces audible frequency spectrum
- 100 watt amplifier (50 watts per channel)with less then .01% THD @ 30 watts
- Folded Transmission lines design for incredibly neutral frequency response and extended bass response
- Perfect time coherent, minimum phase, point source design
- Magnetically shielded
- Convenient 3.5 input jack on front panel for quick connection to portable audio devices
- Front panel mounted 1/4 headphone jack with adapter for 3.5 mm earphones
- Rear mounted RCA jacks for connection to larger audio devices
- Easily attaches to wall with simple Hangman bracket system (included)
- Eco-friendly and health-friendly non-toxic finish
- Built in short circuit, thermal, and overload protection
- World compatible 24V @ 5A switch mode power supply included
- 3.5 mm to 1/4 headphone adapter included
- 3.5 mm to RCA "Y" cable included
- 6 inch coiled 3.5 mm audio input cable included
- Dimensions: 42 X 4.5 X 5.25 (W X H X D) inches
- 5 year limited warranty
- Bandwidth 35 Hz to 20,000 Hz
- Frequency Response: 40 Hz to 20,000 Hz +/- 3.5 dB
- (2) 3.5 inch cast frame full range transducers
- Dual folded transmission lines design.
- Minimum phase, point source, time coherent design
- Modified DTA-100A Class T Digital Power Amplifier featuring Tripath TK2050 chipset with 50 watts per channel
- into an 8 ohm load.
- Total harmonic distortion: < 0.01% @ 30 watts, < 5.0% @ 50 watts output
- Signal to noise ratio: 103 dB, A weighted
- Input impedance 2 k ohms +/- 5%
- Channel separation: 95 dB
- Electrical requirement: 24VDC @ 5A center pin positive (included)